Are you looking for an internship opportunity that directly impacts the community you live in? How about an opportunity to have a rewarding experience working for Public Broadcasting? WQPT Quad Cities PBS helps bring public television to our entire community and plays an essential role in the educational and cultural life in our communities here in the Mississippi River valley.
WQPT Quad Cities PBS seeks a highly motivated, self-starting student who is passionate about Public Broadcasting and working with children. The Special Projects Intern will provide hands-on support to the Development and Educational Outreach Departments and gain valuable skills on event planning, marketing, fundraising and educational outreach. This opportunity is available at the WQPT offices in Moline, IL.
Hours: 20-40 hours per week
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with the coordination of various special event fundraisers and friend-raisers such as Imagination Station and Champagne on the Rocks gala
• Take a lead role in the WQPT PBS Ambassador Program
• Coordinate summer educational events in Libraries/Museums/Parks for the Ambassador Program
• Develop educational programs to present in the community
• Assist with the creation of promotional flyers for events on Microsoft Publisher
• Research new special event fundraising opportunities
• Perform light clerical office work duties
• Perform other related duties as assigned by Development Department
• Strong attention to detail and ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and projects
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher)
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Must be able to act professionally at events and in the workplace
• Interested in working with children
This internship is unpaid – potential for class credit is available pending school approval. Background checks will be required.