– Be prepared to sweep and/or vacuum at least once a day. They don’t call them German Shedders for nothing.
– You never have to feel alone- even when you get up to go to the bathroom or take a shower.
– You will always be aware of all the squirrels, birds, and sketchy looking leaves in the yard.
– You will never yell anyone’s name as much as you will yell your dogs name from barking at said sketchy leaves and squirrels.
– Due to the previous, your neighbors will know your dog by name
– Sharing your food is a must
– It takes a very special dog who is used for law enforcement, yet gentle enough for a baby to climb all over.
– Your GSD will walk you, not the other way around
– You never have to go to bed alone
– Expect daily duels between your GSD and the vacuum cleaner
– No one will ever be as excited to see you as your German Shepherd
– You will go through so many Chuck it balls
– When people ask “do you have any kids?” you’ll respond with “well, I have dog”
– You will spend so much time trying to get your dog to howl
– Once you do- there’s no sweeter sound
– You will never have a dog who loves you as much as a German Shepherd; completely unconditional and loyal.
– You will never have a dog who leaves such an impact on your life as your German Shepherd will.