The City of Bettendorf is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Maintenance Page at the Bettendorf Public Library. This position is less than 19 hours per week- must be available weekdays, weeknights & weekends, as assigned. Under supervision and according to established procedures, performs a variety fo backup maintenance duties in and on the public library grounds.
- Job Title: Library Maintenance Page
- Job Grade: Level III Temporary/Part-Time
- Job Type:Part-Time, Less than 19 Hours per Week
- Pay: USD $8.66/Hr.
- Sweeps stairways and vacuums carpets within staff areas, as assigned
- Spot cleans/mops hard surface floors, as needed.
- Dusts, cleans, and disinfects furniture, shelving, business and electronic equipment in public areas.
- Cleans interior glass walls and surfaces, doors and study rooms.
- Spot cleans interior walls, woodwork, windows, doors and sills, as assigned.
- Empties inside and outside trash bins. Sorts recyclables. Picks up debris on library grounds.
- May assist library staff in occasional table/chair set-up for small programs.
- Some snow removal.
- Bundling and moving boxes of library materials within the recycling process.
- Performs other related jobs as assigned.
- Age: Minimum 16 yrs of age.
- Education: The ability to read, receive and follow instructions.
- Experience: No previous experience necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: The ability to communicate effectively with library staff is required.
- Analytical Skills: Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Working Conditions: Moderate to heavy lifting required; folding tables weigh 80 pounds. Ability to bend, sweep, vacuum and climb a ladder is required. Job requires lifting and carrying boxes of books and pushing cards throughout the library. Ability to work occasionally in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain or snow required.
This is a part-time position open for internal and external applicants. If you are interested, you must submit an application by Monday, November 26th, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
The City of Bettendorf is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. The City of Bettendorf complies with the American with Disabilities Act.
External Portal: https://careers-