What’s good my little snowflakes? I hope you all are coming out of your Thanksgiving food comas nicely. November had so many opportunities for arts in the QCA and December is no different. Let’s check out my December arts must-haves!
Christmas in the Village:
- November 30 – December 1
- 6 – 9 PM
- Village of East Davenport
- 2119 East 12th Street • Davenport, Iowa
Christmas time is officially here! Let your inner christmas lover or scrooge out at these full filled evenings in the Village of East Davenport. This is a weekend fit for all ages! This is perfect for holiday shopping for products made by local artisans…and maybe a few drinks. Let’s check out a little rundown of what will be going on in the Village those days:
- Santa will be in the Village Fire House. He arrives at 6:00 each evening by fire truck east on 11th Street
- Trolley Rides• Scrooge will be at the Boyler’s Building
- Kids Crafting Center at Bayside Bistro
- Face Painting in The Village Theatre and live music
- Petting Zoo & Nativity Scene at Gildea’s Pocket Park
- The Grinch, Frosty the Snowman, and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer will be in the Village
- Metro Drum Corp performs Saturday night @ 7:00
- “Winter Sparkle” Fireworks: Saturday at 9 p.m
You, your friends, and your family are not going to want to miss this fun filled weekend!
Disney on Ice Presents Frozen
- November 29 – December 2
- Taxslayer Center
- 1201 River Drive • Moline, Illinois
- Tickets: http://taxslayercenter.com
Are you ready to say “LET IT GO” to all of your worries (am I reaching there?) and spend a relaxing evening at the Taxslayer!? You and your family will love getting to experience everyone’s favorite movie live! Come see all of the characters sing the songs sure to be stuck in your head for weeks live on ice! You can’t miss seeing this show while it’s in town. Live footage of me on my way to buy tickets to this show:
Polar Express Pajama Party
- December 13 – 16
- Putnam Museum and Science Center
- 1717 W. 12th Street • Davenport, Iowa
That’s right my little elves, you can wear your pajamas in public JUDGEMENT FREE at this event! At the Putnam’s pajama party, you’ll play games, make holiday crafts, experience the Polar Express on the giant 3D screen, and most importantly…take advantage of the hot chocolate station. In conclusion, you can come see everyone’s favorite christmas movie while you drink hot chocolate IN YOUR PAJAMAS. This is what dreams are made of!
Niabi Zoo: Winter Wonders
- December 15 – 16, 26 – 28
- Niabi Zoo
- 13010 Niabi Zoo Road • Coal Valley, Illinois
I have three words for you: Brunch. With. Santa. That’s right my reindeers, the Niabi Zoo is offering breakfast (for those of you who wake up early…can’t relate) and brunch with Santa! After your meal with Santa, stop over to see the bossest babe in all the lands, Mrs. Claus, for cookie decorating. As if that weren’t already enough for me to be in attendance, they also have face painting and a trolly to visit the Zoo. This event is great for all ages! See you there!
No matter what your interests are, the QCA has something artsy for you to enjoy! I hope you all have a happy holiday season! If you need me, I will be *exclusively* attending events that I can wear my pajamas to (cc: Putnam’s Polar Express Pajama Party) because it is COLD in the Quad Cities. Stay warm my little bundles of holiday cheer.
Xoxo, pajamas 24/7 girl.