Please do not send worksheets, tax returns, or tax transcripts unless the information is requested from you.
If selected for verification, you will be contacted by WIU email – you may also check STARS for your Financial Aid Status. Students selected for verification will print their verification worksheet directly from STARS – see below for instructions.
To print your personalized verification form, please:
- Log on to STARS – If you have forgotten or lost your STARS log-in information, please contact the University Technology (UTech) Helpdesk at (309) 298-8324 (298-TECH).
- Select “Financials” from the menu bar
- Click “Financial Aid Information” from the Records section
- Click the “Academic Year” button in which you are planning to attend
- Click the “Verification Form” link listed in purple at the top of the screen
- Print your personalized verification form**
**If you want to request your verification form to be mailed to you, fill out the following form. Note: you must be logged into your WIU email in order to access the form. To ensure you are logged into your WIU account, open an Incognito Window in Google Chrome (or Private Window in Firefox). Open the form link and sign in using your WIU email account.
If you are experiencing issues securing you or your parent(s) tax return transcript please contact the WIU Financial Aid Office for additional options for completing verification.
Forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you require any of these forms in an alternative format, please contact the Financial Aid Office at Financial-Aid@wiu.edu