For first-time students and families, the financial aid process can be difficult to navigate. Paying for College is presented at Summer Orientation and Registration (SOARS) events, but can be incredibly helpful to review and use prior to your arrival on campus!
Paying for College – Reviews the basics of both financial aid and billing procedures at WIU, including our online tools (such as STARS), payment methods and plans, general tips and suggestions, and some commonly asked questions. Helpful links referenced in the presentation include:
Billing & Receivables: www.wiu.edu/billing
- Tuition & Fees Information
- Cost Estimator
- Direct Deposit of Refunds
- University Refund/Credit Policy
- Ways to pay and billing information. An automated payment plan is available to help students and their families create a structured timeline for paying University expenses.
Financial Aid: www.wiu.edu/fa
- WIU Financial Aid: Getting Started
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Federal Student Loan Requirements: Master Promissory Note (MPN) & Entrance Counseling